Saturday, April 14, 2007

Experimenting with watercolour.

More ATCs for the WetCanvas Exchange but these are a little different.
1. Cardinal - I used watercolour pencils for the cardinal and black ink for his eyes. 2. Blue frog - watercolour pencil for the main part but acrylic for the eyes and white highlights.
3: Ostrich - In this one I have used watercolour pencils to add colour to the background and painted the focal point in acrylic. I like the way this one came out! It scanned a bit darker though.

2 comments:

-N- said...

Great set of ATC's! I love the ostrich head and strawberries especially, and the composition on the cardinal is great! I like 'em all though, good ones. The expression and post on the blue frog is so good!

-N- said...

I meant pose on the blue frog... typo! Thought I'd better correct in case you'd be looking for some previously undiscovered flaw that looks post-like! :-D