Friday, July 01, 2005

This is my first colour pencil reproduction of a painting. I don't know who painted the original but My copy is about 12" x 12". It's not exactly the same. I found it hard to get the same depth of colour with the pencils as is in the original painting. I guess I could have kept going over and over with the different colours to get the shades darker but then I wouldn't have time to move on to my next project.!! I think this is a good try for a first largescale drawing. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent drawing of that painting! And really nice presentation here, too--- Great job, Shelly.

Kate said...

Very nice job. The colors look so soft.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty subject...I love blues and purples. Your version --AMAZING!! So soft and you know something? I not only like yours better --I LOVE IT! Its much better than the original. I didn't know colored pencils could even get such deep rich color. This is just gorgeous. More, more!!!

Pat
http://pat.typepad.com/just_pat

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

This is really lovely. Yes, you could have gotten richer color by burnishing, but it does take a LONG time. I rarely do anything large with colored pencil for that reason. Try burnishing on your ATC's to get used to it, although you will need to use a very thick paper (bristol board) because the edges of the paper will start to curl up. Very nice work.